The YBCA Fellows program brings together creative citizens from across the Bay Area – artists and everyday people alike – to engage in a yearlong process of inquiry, dialogue and project generation. Each Fellowship cohort will explore and respond to a question that emerged from our annual YBCA 100 summit. Together, they’ll use art and culture to inspire community transformation and drive new possibilities into the public imagination. Fellows’ projects will ultimately be presented at YBCA’s bi-annual Public Square, event that provides a platform to share new information, surface big questions, and enact change.
YBCA is interested in working with changemakers who live in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is not just an opportunity for artists; rather, for all creative, socially inclined individuals. This is a place for makers, thinkers, do-gooders and provocateurs to collaborate and work in partnership with YBCA. The only firm requirement is a passion for building a more hopeful and equitable future.
- The opportunity to delve deeply into the intersection of cultural and social responsibility.
- An illuminating program of tools and ideas; driven by YBCA culture makers and thinkers.
- Up close and personal access to world-renowned artists.
- The opportunity to connect and collaborate with an expanded network of Bay Area changemakers.
- A public platform for the presentation of Fellowship projects, as well as production support.
- $1,000 honorarium.
The next application period will open January 2017. Stay tuned!