Job Title: Volunteer Usher
Department: Visitor Experience
Status: Unpaid Volunteer
Schedule: As needed
Reports to: Audience Services Manager and House Managers
YBCA welcomes the support of volunteers who want to give back to their community by supporting San Francisco’s premier venue for contemporary art. Currently, we are seeking individuals with experience in customer service to provide assistance to our staff and guests during events.
- Be a part of a vibrant community of performing arts lovers and see great shows! Ushers are recruited for performances in the YBCA Theater, Forum, and Grand Lobby.
- Principal Responsibilities
- Stuff and distribute programs; help pick up discarded programs after performance.
- Scan tickets at and seat guests.
- Direct guests to restrooms, entrances/exits, box office, will call, concessions, etc.
- Answer questions about our venues and events.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with the public; customer service experience strongly preferred
- Ability to lift 25 lbs,, work on your feet, and navigate stairs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with provocative material.
- Eagerness to learn about our organization and events.
- Availability to volunteer for at least one show per month and two during the holiday season.
- Show shifts are approximately four hours.
- Opportunity to support one of the nation’s leading contemporary art centers.
- Interact and network with other performance enthusiasts.
- Opportunity to see the performances you work; seating subject to availability.
- Valuable experience in customer service.
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.