Public Relations Assistant
Job Title: Public Relations Assistant
Status: Regular, Part-Time 15-20 hours/week
Reports to: Senior Public Relations Manager
Pay Rate: $21.50/hr
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is one of the most innovative cultural organizations in the Bay Area. From our leading-edge visual arts, performances and films, to our groundbreaking community programs and civic partnerships, we are always pushing the boundaries of art and creativity.
YBCA is seeking a part-time Public Relations Assistant who possesses incredible energy and passion to support its public relations efforts. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in public relations, and is results driven, highly organized, and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft public relations materials including press releases, media alerts as directed
- Oversee the daily media monitoring and archiving of YBCA’ s news coverage, assembling a weekly recap, and creating coverage reports.
- Research individual reporters and publications to assist with the development and maintenance of media lists
- Respond to media requests for photos, press releases, bios, and other content.
- Coordinate and deliver email campaigns to press
- Assist in organizing and execution of press previews
- Other general assistance with tasks as needed
- 1-2+ years experience in public relations and/or corporate communications.
- A creative mind that loves to experiment and take calculated risks.
- Must possess extremely proficient writing skills.
- A natural networker and team player with strong social skills who can juggle multiple projects with finesse.
- Driven self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and work cross-functionally with various teams on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English preferred
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Cision, PR Newswire, Wordfly
PTO, Holiday Pay, Reciprocal Museum Admission, and ability to participate in 403(b) retirement plan.
If this sounds compelling, email us at email@example.com. Please put “PR Assistant” in the subject line of your email. In addition to your resume, please include a link to your online portfolio or attach a minimum of 3 writing samples.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
.Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. The Center encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).