Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week, Benefited)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, to include some events evenings/weekends
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Pay Rate: $21.03/hr
The Marketing Assistant is an entry level marketing position that directly supports the Marketing Manager. This position is responsible for daily administrative tasks that enable the successful execution of marketing plans and campaigns. This person must be highly organized and detail oriented, undertaking a variety of information gathering and data/copy maintenance work that ensures the functional operation of the marketing department.
- Create and maintain event listings, Facebook events and ads, event webpages, and paid search terms.
- Assist with editing brochures, playbills, programs, and other print materials.
- Maintain marketing copy edits across platforms.
- Route exterior and interior signage installation schedules.
- File marketing department’s digital forms, and maintain archive of marketing materials.
- Process all marketing invoices.
- Maintain contact lists for vendors, ad representatives, and targeted outreach groups.
- Other ad hoc duties as determined by Marketing Manager.
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Art History, related field OR relevant work experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Must have impeccable organizational skills, detail orientation, and the ability to track multiple tasks at once.
- Experience with G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office, and all major social media platforms.
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, Google AdWords, and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable but not required.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Comfortable working flexibly within a diverse team.
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, the realms of contemporary art, civic engagement, and social responsibility.
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Leave for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Send your resume and a brief paragraph outlining your interest in working for YBCA to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!