Information Technology Intern
Job Title: Information Technology Intern
Department: Information Technology
Schedule: 10-20 hours/week, 3 month average commitment
Reports to: IT Director
This is unique opportunity to work with an in-house IT Department in a creative environment. The IT Internship will enable the student to gain hands-on experience while working with a diverse, accomplished staff of Curatorial, Artistic and Administrative professionals. This internship will provide an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge in several areas of current technologies and skills, including:
- A+ desktop support and configuration
- Inventory and network cabling
- Telco systems and support
- Customer Service
- VMWare virtualization
- Cisco networking devices
- Information Systems planning and development
- MS SQL Server 2008, 2005, Database Administration and maintenance
In addition, related duties will be assigned to support the IT Department in facilitation and completion of these technologies.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited academic program and authorized by their school to participate in the internship.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter.
- Must be actively pursuing work experience and/or the study of Arts
- Management/Administration, Hospitality, Customer Service, Event Planning.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills.
- An outgoing, enthusiastic personality, and personal confidence to execute individual assignments.
- Ability to work in non-profit, small office environment.
- Strong organizational skills: detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Course Credit, if applicable, in partnership with educational institution; opportunity to work closely with the staff at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), one of the nation’s premiere multi-disciplinary venues for contemporary, experimental and interdisciplinary arts. Interns will receive valuable real-world work experience. Referrals / Letters of Recommendation will be given upon successful completion.
Send your resume and a brief paragraph outlining your interest in interning at YBCA in the body of an email to email@example.com. Please include “IT Intern” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes — really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.