Graphic Design Intern
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern - Summer season
Schedule: 15 hours/week for 3 months
Reports to: Marketing Manager
YBCA is now accepting applications for talented Graphic Design Interns to work on our Summer 2018 season. Interns will deploy YBCA’s highly lauded brand identity across a variety of print, digital, and experiential platforms. Their work will support a range of initiatives, such as visual art exhibitions, performances, film festivals, major civic projects, and YBCA brand campaigns. Must be a highly dependable self-starter with strong attention to detail. Interns will work with YBCA’s in-house marketing team and curators, as well as with world-class design and marketing firms. The internship will provide hands-on design experience as well as exposure to the inner-workings of a major arts institution.
- Design a variety of marketing assets, such as posters, print ads, brochures, collateral, direct mail, digital assets, and signage.
- Leverage YBCA’s brand identity system in fresh and surprising ways.
- Flawlessly manage multiple design projects at once and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Partner with external vendors to produce final designs, as needed.
- Attend internal and external meetings, as needed.
- Exceptional skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles, brand identity, photography, and typography
- Fluent in all visual media – print, digital, video
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter who is able to complete work with limited oversight
- Must be pursuing a degree in design or a closely related field, or have recently received an accredited degree in design or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, the realms of contemporary art, civic engagement, and social responsibility.
- Must commit to a 15 hour/week schedule for a minimum of 3 months.
- Must be able to begin Internship in May or June.
- Course credit, if applicable, in partnership with educational institution
- Real world design experience and the ability to have an immediate impact
- Opportunity to work with the marketing and curatorial staffs at one of the Bay Area’s most innovative arts institutions
- References and/or letters of recommendation upon successful completion of internship
Send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your design portfolio (or samples of your design work) to email@example.com. Please include “Graphic Design Intern” in the subject line of your email. Please note that applicants who do not submit a portfolio or samples of their design work will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!