Job Title: Facilities Technician
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week, benefited)
Schedule: Variable, Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays
Reports to: Facilities Director
The Facilities team is responsible for the maintenance, repair and operations of all YBCA physical facilities. These include administrative areas, a 757-seat Theater, a 6,700 sq. ft. multi-use Forum, three Galleries, an 89-seat Screening Room, Grand Lobby, Outdoor Sculpture Court and East Garden.
- Perform preventive maintenance of YBCA site equipment according to schedule, including HVAC, plumbing, painting, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Work with the Facilities team to identify, troubleshoot, and make repairs in a timely manner to ensure the uninterrupted operations of all YBCA facilities and events.
- Adjust building temperatures using Johnson Controls Metasys software.
- Provide a high level of customer service and support to all YBCA departments as a member of the Facilities team.
- Assist with service and repair vendors on site as needed.
- Work independently and with other YBCA Facilities staff in a high quality, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Inspect and prepare rooms on site before and after programs and events. Support YBCA staff during events and programs as needed with repairs, temperature control, and other requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED. Technical School certificate a plus.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in facilities, and/or building maintenance.
- Ability to perform skilled tasks without direct supervision; carry out and complete regularly scheduled ongoing maintenance and upkeep tasks.
- Basic proficiency with PC Windows, Google mail and calendar, MS Office.
- Demonstrated experience in completing multiple projects effectively within deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods, according to CAL/OSHA guidelines for health and safety.
- Ability to work in enclosed, windowless spaces.
- Availability to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, weekends, split-shifts and holidays.
- Basic experience in HVAC operation is preferred.
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter.
Skill in operating office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine and telephone system. Position will include a large amount of walking between buildings and on event sites and is on his/her feet consistently. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is primarily located at 701 Mission Street, San Francisco, however may require traveling to other locations or off-site meetings, event sites as required by the job.
PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Send your resume, desired compensation, & cover letter outlining your interest in working for YBCA to email@example.com. Please include “Facilities Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).