Events Manager, Rental Program
Job Title: Events Manager, Rental Program
Status: Regular, Full-Time (37.5 Hours/Week with Benefits)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, some evenings/weekends
Reports to: Director of Events
Represent YBCA as an events manager for the rental program; develop and cultivate ongoing relationships with current and potential clients; research new business leads; promote the venues and related services offered by YBCA; collaborate with events team to prepare and present proposals to potential licensees; initiate and coordinate negotiations for license agreements; support marketing efforts.
- Support, plan, manage and implement rental experiences building earned revenue capacity and strategic revenue goals utilizing the event management data base system (USI) as a tool for communicating relevant event information effectively.
- Manage and oversee aspects of rental services and initiatives through returning business; communicate through phone calls, meetings and site visits to determine event needs; provide information on available services and sell the venues and it’s full range of services; manage and coordinate the activities of event support staff and planning; liaison services, staffing and communication; manage, coordinate and oversee services provided to clients and staff working during events.
- Respond as needed to client inquiries regarding rental opportunities.
- Schedule and lead key client site tours and manage booking holds and corresponding agreements for assigned events. Advise clients and vendors of YBCA policies and procedures. Ensure compliance of rental policies.
- Communicates and ensures timely and accurate estimates. Monitors project costs, generates comprehensive and accurate estimates partnering with key service departments; Production, Facilities, IT and Visitor Services.
- Collaborate with Director of Events and events team to identify and further sales opportunities through customer surveys, proposals and marketing collateral.
- Partner with events team to develop sales reports tracking progress against key business metrics for earned revenue drivers and sales lifecycles.
- Actively solicit client feedback through surveys applying learnings to identify and build strategies for improving events sales pipeline and client experience.
- Develop and cultivate professional relationships; maintain contact with current and potential clients; attend events that provide opportunity for networking and relationship building; asking the right questions building trust and deepening prospects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years event management or relevant experience at an arts or relevant venue management facility with a rentals program, event production, special event and/or hospitality company.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross sector industry events, utilize collaboration to achieve goals and resolve issues creatively and quickly.
- Understands the intersectionality of venue rental programs within a non- profit arts and cultural organization aligned with organizational mission, vision and brand promise.
- Ability to influence, generate and sell earned revenue incentives and excellent customer service within a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience with Ungerboeck (USI) event management system or similar event management data base a must.
- Familiarity with operational, ADA, life safety, crowd management practices and basic audio visual production elements for a dynamic roster of event experiences. Experience with unions and collective bargaining units a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Must have a collaborative working style with the ability to foster positive working relationships with diverse groups; diplomacy, integrity, and ability to negotiate to find solutions.
- A “get it done” spirit and creative problem solver at heart.
Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Send your resume, salary requirement, & cover letter outlining your interest in working for YBCA to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Events Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49)