Press Releases and Images
To get the latest news about events, presentations and happenings at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), download any of the current press releases below (in PDF format). The below images are for the exclusive use of members of the press, and only for the publicity of Yerba Buena Center for the Arts exhibitions and events. The images may not be cropped or distorted in any way, and must be accompanied by the corresponding credit line and copyright information as it appears below. YBCA grants permission to use images only to the extent of its ownership rights relating to those images—the party reproducing the images is responsible for obtaining permission for any additional use/reproduction.
For press inquiries only, please contact:
Maureen Dixon, Communications Manager | Phone: 415.321.1307 | Email
For all other inquiries please call 415.978.2700.
Current & Upcoming Programs
- Performing Arts
- • David Dorfman Dance: Prophets of Funk
- Film & Video
- • Fragments of Japanese Underground Cinema 1960-1974
- • Thai Dreams: The Films of Pen-ek Rantanaruang
- • Girls! Guns! Ghosts! The Sensational Films of Shintoho
- • Post Tenebras Lux by Carlos Reygadas
- • New Filipino Cinema 2013
- YBCA - General
- • YBCA Young Artists at Work Program
- • 2013 Artist in Residence
- • Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Announces YBCA:You
- • Kenneth Foster, Executive Director at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts,
to Take New Position at University of Southern California
- • Marc Bamuthi Joseph Awarded Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Award
- • Grant from The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Shih Chieh Huang
Without Reality There Is No Utopia
Carlos Motta. Me Gusta Cuando Votas xq Estas Como Ausente — Courtesy of Artist. Galeria Filomena Soares, Lisbon and Y Gallery, New York. 2005, 2008.
David Dorfman Dance: Prophets of Funk
Fragments of Japanese Underground Cinema 1960-1974
Thai Dreams: The Films of Pen-ek Rantanaruang
Girls! Guns! Ghosts! The Sensational Films of Shintoho
Post Tenebras Lux by Carlos Reygadas
New Filipino Cinema 2013
Tondo, Beloved: To What Are the Poor Born? (Tundong Magiliw: Pasaan isinisilang siyang mahirap?) by Jewel Maranan. Courtesy of Jewel Maranan.
Qiyamah by Gutierrez Mangansakan II. Courtesy of Reckless Natarajan Pictures & Film Development Council of the Philippines.
The Journey of Stars into the Dark Night (Ang Paglalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim) by Arnel Mardoquio.